Sunday, January 12, 2014

Saturdays are my favourite


Apart from the fact that I didn't get to sleep till 4.30am. That's definitely not my favourite.

This morning I weighed in, then cleaned the house with mum before dropping Merlin off (late, eep!) at the groomer. Then we went to get groceries. Eating healthier is definitely cheaper, the shopping bill was about £50 than Mum's usual. Cool times.

I didn't eat until 2pm. I had 2 bridge rolls with ham and cheese (pictured next to my Dad's rolls for size comparison haha) and an almond croissant.



Then, even though I was hella tired, I hauled my ass out to run. With my sweatband. I look like a dick (pictured below for your viewing pleasure). So much pink.


It was shorter than my last, but a lot faster (just over 1min/mile!). I did 2.5 miles total but walked the rest of the way home with a couple of mega short (i.e. 5 - 10 second) sprints.

My overall pace adjusted to the same as my last run so I'm quite pleased (stopped my Garmin after the running part but carried on GPS tracking with the ZR app). I'm sure this means that I'm getting faster.


Even though I'm still slow.

Whateverrrrrrr.

My sweatband was awesome and my face remained nice and dry! Lets see how it holds up for a longer run.

I picked up some steaks for me and my grandma to have for dinner. They were beautiful.

Sexy, sexy steaks

I made a steak sandwich with caramelised onions, ketchup (obv) and homemade oven chips. It was pretty phenomenal.

And now, I'm going to munch on this before I sleep.

Yep, I drink my milk with ice. What?

I sort of feel like I've eaten the worlds supply of sugar today...

And carbs.

But believe it or not, this is much less than I have on the weekends usually. Normally lunch on Saturday is lots of bread and some cake and dinner is usually a takeaway.

Doing better, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Good night, internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment