Saturday, November 02, 2013

Week 4, workout 2 - DONE

5 minute walk
5 minute fast (for me) jog
Walking drills
Running drills
13 minute slow jog (no stopping, new record!!)
Sprint in the last 30 or 45 seconds.

I made a bin my marker and went for it. Let's be honest, my sprint was probably as fast as someone's normal running pace but whatever. I almost puked when I finished; I was standing catching my breath and gagging after it.

Awesome times.

5.06km in 47:39. I'm getting faster!


This workout was my fastest pace to date - 9:24 min/km. It's nothing to write home about (aka still really slow), but I'm still really proud considering:

a) this is my 4th week of training
b) I'm not running the entire time yet
c) my starting pace was 12:40 min/km.

50% through the Zombies, Run! 5k training. Excited for the last half and progress to come.

Now, bring on the weekend and Halloween festivities tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment