Friday, November 15, 2013

Goals

I started this writing as a kind of New Year's resolution/goal list; but I'm able to start working towards them now (or at least lay the foundations), so why wait?

This has been one of my best years so far, not gonna lie. I've made some amazing friends and had unbelievable amounts of fun and craziness with them.

There are so many things that I want to achieve in the coming months and years and I've made a list of some of them. I may think of more or revise them slightly, but I think this is a pretty good starting point.

Health & Fitness
  • Run 5k without stopping
  • Run 5k in less than 30 minutes
  • Run 10k without stopping
  • Run 10k in less than 60 minutes
  • Run a 7 minute mile
  • Run and finish a half marathon, no time goal
  • Finish a sprint or standard distance triathlon, no time goal
  • Gain more upper body and core strength
  • Have optimal blood pressure instead of normal
  • Lose some a lot of fat
  • Cut down on smoking
Diet
  • Eat less carbs, eat more protein & (good) fat
  • Stop partaking in office 'fat Fridays' EVERY week
  • Remember that lattes (either skinny or normal) are not for every day
  • Remember that diets don't stop just because it's the weekend
  • Remember that eating well still counts even when I'm drunk, hungover, sick etc
  • Alcohol in moderation / less frequently :'(
Knowledge & Learning
  • Read more nutrition books
  • Read more about running, weight training and general fitness
  • Learn a language to a good conversational standard
  • Dedicate a few hours each week to learning how to play the bass once my wrist is sorted out
  • Keep up with current affairs
  • Read more novels
Finances
  • Save at least £1,000
Travel/Activities
  • Thorpe Park!
  • Travel somewhere new inside the UK
  • Travel somewhere new outside the UK
Personality
  • Think before speaking
  • Be kind
  • Listen
  • Be helpful
Miscellaneous
  • Stop biting my nails (again)
  • Sing, laugh and dance more
Outlook
  • Appreciate everything, even when things are hard
  • Learn to view myself in a positive manner
Life
  • Be happy

No comments:

Post a Comment