Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SO COLD

You can definitely tell winter is here.

Took a sleeping pill on Monday and managed to get to sleep at 11, didn't take one last night so I didn't sleep till 1am. Urghhh. No run since Sunday, not winning at life this week.

Had a pre-op physio assessment yesterday and the doctor was really nice. He did some tests to see the differences in my wrists, which was interesting. My left hand is half as strong as my right, even allowing for a 10% strength difference as my right hand is dominant. My range of movement in my left wrist up and down is 60 degrees less than my right wrist, which is quite a lot! He's also the 3rd physiotherapist to diagnose me with joint hypermobility. Awesome.

I asked how long I'd be having physiotherapy for and how long the full recovery time would be and he didn't really know, he said that they usually take it on a case by case basis but that I'd probably be in physio for 2 - 3 months and wouldn't expect recovery until May/June but this could be longer or sooner, nothing is definitive.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens!

In other news, I haven't bitten my nails in a while so they're growing pretty well. Manicure next Thursday, wooooo!

My diet hasn't been terrible but not overly strict (I'm eating wholemeal bread etc), but I haven't done much exercise recently. Pretty sure this is down to my sleeping pattern going a bit wacko.

Must. Run. Soon. February isn't that far away.

I haven't had a real cigarette in almost 24 hours, I've been smoking my e-cig. I have a menthol flavour in it right now and it's pretty nice.

I've ordered a bunch of other flavours too:
Apple Pie
Mango
Lychee
Rhubarb & Custard
Vanilla
Caramel
Menthol (different company)
Raspberry

I can't wait to try these! I still have more flavours I want to try too...

Time to do some work. Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment