Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Finished work early today...

So I got my ass in gear and did a 5.42 km session. Feeling good!

I was going to go this morning but it was still really dark. I have a thing about running in the park when it's dark. Obviously as soon as the sun comes up all the murderers and rapists magically disappear.

I could always go on the roads and up to the town centre, but running with Merlin on a lead isn't the best fun ever. Plus, I was tired so I went back to sleep. What a winner.

Glad I got out today, though. Looking forward to being able to do my usual 3 times per week over the Christmas break. Maybe I'll be able to get some swims in too.

I'm more looking forward to when the mornings get lighter and the days get longer. Maybe I'll find my motivation do start doing classes at the gym and going swimming each week again...

My diet has been pretty useless recently. My main aim is just to maintain my weight over Christmas and New Year (last year I actually lost 2lbs over Christmas, wtf?) so we'll see how that goes. Not gaining weight over the holidays would be a plus.

Can't believe it's only a week till Christmas and 2 until the New Year! Crazy. Where has 2013 gone?

I've only smoked about 3 or 4 cigarettes over the last week and a bit; my e-cig is working really well for me so far. I actually don't really like the taste of cigarettes any more, my e-liquid is tons more menthol-y. Every day or two I'll crave one, light it, take a drag and put it out. Definitely more of a mental craving than anything else.

Tomorrow I'm getting another manicure, woooo! This was the one I got done last Saturday featuring the pink e-cig.


I usually always get french polish, but I went for a full colour this time. It looked weird to me at first but it's really grown on me. It only cost £10, bargain! I'll be getting my nails done more often, I think. Motivation to keep not biting them and it makes me feel all girly.

Went out with friends on Saturday and had a blast. This is what I look like hungover. I'm sooooooo pretty!!!

We also have the work Christmas party this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that. I'mma get really drunk, eat lots of food and swim in the amazing pool they have (not in that order, fyi). I might take a walk around the golf course or trails. Or rent a bike and cycle on the trails depending on how energetic I feel (let's be honest, it'll probably just be a swim...)

Now to end with some festive pictures!


Believe it or not, this is a half-tree. BOOM. Best investment ever.

 This little guy is the love of my life. True story.
 
Later, imaginary friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment