Sunday, December 08, 2013

Finally got my ass in gear

5k training session has finally been done. I can definitely feel the not training for a week.

I restarted week 6 since I'm not entirely comfortable with the sessions yet. Once I can (relatively) comfortably run all the free forms in the session, I'll move to week 7. I'm 19 seconds/km faster than when I first did w6w1, but 42 seconds/km slower than my race pace (although week 6 does include 6 mins of stretching).

8 weeks until the next 5k race. If I make as much progress on my time in the next 8 weeks as I have in the last 8 weeks, I'd be looking at a 28 - 30 minute run. Lolllllllll, I wish.

We had an exciting breakfast of porridge, slice of rosemary&potato bread and half an almond croissant each. Not the healthiest, but better than the fry ups we've been having of late.

I've just run a glorious bubble bath. Toodle-pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment