Sunday, December 01, 2013

Charity 5k has been done

And I wasn't dead last!!

I was pretty much last though. OH WELL.

3.12 miles in 45:12 which is a 9min/km pace. 24 seconds faster than my fastest training pace.

Even though I'm still mega slow, I'm happy about this (progress, progress...)

Since it was for charity and in a dog park, a few people ran with their dogs. We brought Merlin with us anyway so I took him on the first half. This was a terrible idea.

I always bring him when I train in the park but I never have him on the lead; I couldn't let him off the lead since he'd be a nightmare and would get in the way so he was pulling and dragging everywhere.  Bad, bad times.

It was one of those days where I couldn't get into the zone of where you're at a comfortable pace and don't feel like you're going to die.

Doesn't really matter though, since this is my best time so far.

7 sessions left of 5k training, although I'm thinking I might start week 6 over again. It'll only add another 2 sessions anyway.

Next race is exactly 2 months away. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to run the whole time for that. I think I should be able to.

I also gained 3lbs this week. Lolwhat? Granted, my diet wasn't perfect last week, but I'm pretty sure I didn't eat 10,500 calories of EXTRA FOOD. Meh, whatevs. I'll see what happens next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment