Sunday, October 27, 2013

This weekend

This weekend was pretty good. Lots of fun times, friends, alcohol and food. Awesome for life, not awesome for the diet. C'est la vie, right? Right.

Saturday

Woke up later than I intended, but still early enough to do week 3 workout 2 of Zombies, Run! 5k training. As I was putting my running shoes on, my Mum annouced that she was going to go for a walk in the park also. I was so proud that I almost cried, I'm not even kidding.

My mum is one of the laziest people I've ever encountered (I tell her to do more exercise at least once a day, she knows where I stand on this issue). I don't know what spurred her on to go on this walk, but I'm glad whatever the reason. I told her that I was going to be about 45 minutes, but she said she was only going to do 20 minutes in total.

We both set off to the park with Merlin (our dog) in tow and once we were there I went ahead and started my new favourite app. I was determined to do as much as I did in the w3w1 training session, so after the 5 minute walk warm up, I started a 5 minute jog. I jog really slow; as in, I could probably walk faster than I'm jogging. Whatever. About 5 runners passed me down a path, it was excellent.

The walk-run drills started after the 5 minute free form run and after those, I had two 8-minute free form runs with a 2 minute stretch break in between. On my last walk-run drill, I was at the bottom of the park where I start to head back on the route I take. As I'm walking off the last 1 minute run (it kills me, seriously), I see someone waving. It's my mum. I was unbelievably shocked that she'd walked that far (especially cause you need to walk back, y'know) and I was, once again, incredibly proud. I gave her a quick hug and continued on.

The first 8 minute free form run starts at the bottom of the (relatively small) hill in the park. I measure distances by signs, bins etc in the park and usually I jog slowly (reeeeeeally slowly) up it to a dog poop bin. I crapped out (lol, perfect phrasing right now...) before it, which sucked. I didn't have the energy. It also reminded me that I should really eat half a banana or something before going.

Anyway, I walked the rest of the free form and did some stretching in the break. In w3w1, I jogged the whole of the second 8 minute free form, so I wanted to at least match it. I did match it and I didn't almost puke this time, so that was pretty successful. I walked for a bit longer until I had to put Merlin on the lead again and then stopped the app. The distance was at 5.03k, AMAZING right?!

Wrong.

Sometimes the GPS gets a little very sketchy. Once it told me I did 4.36k, when in reality it was somewhere between 3.92 and 3.95 (did the same route the sessions before and after). I checked the map when I got home and there was a huge spike in it for no reason. So, yeah. My last session was at 4.5k so I probably did a little more. It gives me confidence that in another few weeks I'll be able to (run?) jog a 5k.

After sweating my (metaphorical) balls off, I came home, showered and cleaned the house before going to my friends' place. I took a 30 minute nap on their sofa (what, I was tired?) and then we got ready for the 1920s par-tay. It was excellent. Everyone looked so wonderful all dressed up!

I made a terrible collage in paint. Don't judge me.

Drinking, dancing, photo-taking and 1am pizza took place. Sadly I didn't take many photos.

It was a lovely evening with lovely people.

Sunday

I watched 'Up' for the first time this morning and it was really sad. Wtf is wrong with you, Pixar?!

We went to the pub for lunch and then I had a loooooong journey home. At least I didn't get blown away by the brewing storms (lol, one time where being fat works in your favour).

Mum's made a roast for dinner and I'm currently laying in bed as I type.

Being horizontal is my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment