Thursday, October 24, 2013

Blog resurrection!

So, it's been just over two years since I had my short stint of blogging. A lot of things have changed since August 2011, so I'll give you a brief overview of the last two years:
  • Wedding happened. I looked amazing, not gonna lie. It was awesome.
  • Divorce is in progress. Unfortunately, some people turn out to be epic douchebags. Strong enough to walk away from a bad marriage? This is awesome.
  • I have more friends than I had this time 2 years ago, this is awesome.
  • I'm fitter than I was this time 2 years ago, this is awesome.
  • I'm fatter than I was this time 2 years ago, this isn't awesome.
I actually really enjoyed reading over my old posts, so I'm going to keep them. I had a good few giggles over them. This time, we're (well, I... not 'we') going to be sensible and not do a crazy 500 calorie per day shake diet that you're destined to fail at (hello unsustainable lifestyle choices). Yeah, sometimes I don't have the brightest ideas. Shut your face hole.

The goal is to get fitter, healthier and stronger. Gain muscle, lose fat. Eat good food, limit food that is not-so-good (take it seriously, Ani, limit means limit) and exercise.

Simple, yes? Simple if you don't love food like it was your goddamn first born child and your natural activity level is about that of a sloth.

Maybe that was an exaggeration*.

Some stats (obviously not posting my actual weight on here because I'm not down with that. I mean, duh I'm fat. If you look at me, it's not hard to miss. Just something about the numbers. I know it's stupid, whatevs).

Weight
Loss from HW: 28lbs
Gain from LW: 36lbs (ouch)

Inches from biggest measurement
Waist: -7
Bust: -7
Under bust: -4
Hips: 0 (thanks, hips...)
Total:  -18 inches
(I forgot my thigh and arm measurements)

There are a few things I attribute the weight gain to:
  • Not putting 100% into eating well
  • Not moving enough
  • Health issues
Two are my own fault, one isn't. The health issues kind of definitely contributed to the lack of movement and poor food choices (oh hey meds that make you the hungriest ever for high-sugar carbs and slow down your metabolism). Ext-to-the-reme weight gain was pretty much expected by my doctor due to the medication side effects. It's sort of an excuse, but still not really good enough.

Anyway, weight gain happens; such is life. Let's deal with it and move forward.

*it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment