Saturday, July 09, 2011

An update on the last few days...

Okay, so, Thursday. Dear, sweet Thursday.

My Thursday started off like this:


Vanilla shake and black coffee

But soon turned into this:

Vanilla shake mixed with black coffee (let's not pretend it's anything like a vanilla latte, cause it ain't)

Oh, but for why? Well, I shall tell you. THE VANILLA SHAKE WAS THE SPAWN OF THE DEVIL. Much like its twin brother: our friend, the chocolate shake.

It seriously tasted indescribable, but it was foul. The coffee seemed to make it taste more decent, but I have a feeling I'll end up splitting the vanilla/chocolate shakes in half and making 2 coffees with them, because it's ridiculously hard to swallow.

That not being the only problem, of course. As I'd already mixed my shake with water, we already had a substantial volume of liquid. I decided I wanted this warm, so ended up with more liquid than anyone should be thinking about consuming at that time of the morning.

Anyway, I survived, albeit a little bit full of liquids. I had the chocolate orange bar for lunch. It has real chocolate chips in it, which is probably the only nice part about it. I just don't like the taste. My dad tried a bit and said it was good, but I don't trust him considering he thinks protein shakes taste good.

I wasn't around Thursday night because I had a date with my daddy! I bought tickets to see Social Distortion for his birthday. It was more for my benefit than for his, but he really enjoyed it the last time we went.


I'm wearing a strapless top. I'm not naked, I swear.


I love my daddy!

Shepherd's Bush Empire
 
The stage and a liiiiiiittle bit of Mike Ness

Both my dad and I found the crowd interesting. For one, this time around there were a lot more younger people there than compared to when I saw them first a few years ago and the second time a few years later. I don't really keep up to date with bands/music any more so I had no idea they had a new album out. But anyway... the 20 - 25 somethings that were there were all covered head to toe in tattoos. Some guy even had them ALL OVER his face, like the extreme tattoos you'd see on a documentary (like that one with the person trying to be a cat or whatever).

It was just interesting to me because throughout all the shows I've been to, I've never seen so many people with extensive work on them. It gets me wondering why I've never really seen people like that just on the street (where do they go in the day time?!) and what kind of jobs they hold. I mean, they can't ALL be in music or tattooing where it's more acceptable to have tattoos. A lot of people, had tattoos or piercings, or hairstyles that wouldn't go down so well in any kind of office, because they just couldn't be covered up.  I mean, I LOVE tattoos, and I'd love to be covered with them... but I draw a line on where I get tattooed. The rules I have are only that they must be able to be covered in a professional situation. I'm studying to be an accountant so I need to hold the image of a professional. There's still a stigma attached to being heavily tattooed, or tattooed at all, especially in certain jobs. Whether it's right or wrong, it doesn't change the fact that it's there, hence why I wonder where these people work.

Mini-debate over.

So when we got to Shepherd's Bush, we passed this amazing looking asian buffet place. It had usual fried stuff (which is so yummy, not gonna lie) but it also had some really delicious looking salads. Of course, I was sad that I couldn't eat it. Then we stopped in a shisha café across the street and my dad got a coffee and a sandwich. They had the most AMAZING looking home made cake there. There was a chocolate cake which just looked incredibly moist, and had about an inch of ganache on it. Again, I was sad I couldn't eat it. My dad kept saying that a sandwich wouldn't do any harm and I could eat something, but I'd had my shake for dinner so I said I was okay. I think he feels bad when I'm not eating, lol.

 The show was really good, although I wish I'd have worn different clothes because my jeans were slightly too big and kept falling down. Oh well! Afterward, my dad stopped in McDonald's to get a burger while I sat there virtuously with a bottle of water and a coke zero. It was almost like torture. I mean, you don't bring a fatty to a McDonald's when they can't eat anything!!

After we got home, my mum had leftovers from her dinner sitting on the counter. She'd ordered Chinese (aka my favourite thing ever). It took a LOT of restraint to not devour the whole thing. I just went and smelled each dish (yes, I know that's awfully strange) and went upstairs.

Friday wasn't too bad, although I was tired from the night before and getting really hungry. I ended up perving over food menus from fast food places here, in Canada and in the America. It's pretty sad, I must admit. I actually didn't get to sleep until 4am because my stomach was just like GRUMBLERUMBLE. Then I woke up at 8am needing to pee, which was not cool in my book.

Today has been a little bit harder since I haven't had much distraction. I'm not overly hungry any more, which is good. But I did have a little piece of lean ham and a small slice of cheese today from my parent's lunch. They had samosas, onion bhajis, prawn toasts, bread, cheese, salad and ham. I had serious food envy.
What I had probably weighed less than 10g, and it's not the type of thing that will take me out of ketosis, so I don't think that'll cause ruin and destruction to my weight loss.

And yes, as above. I am now in ketosis. I don't know when I got there but I checked last night and my pee stick had a lovely shade of dark pink. I swear it is so difficult to pee on a stick. I'm not going to lie to anyone, I definitely peed on my hand a bit while trying to get it on the stick.

If you've stuck with this post to the end, kudos. It's almost a mini-essay. I hope everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying some yummy food on my behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment