Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Challenge #1 complete...

Possibly the easiest of all the challenges to come. It is only day one after all.

I had a banana shake for breakfast which, surprisingly, wasn't bad. It tasted more creamy than anything. The chocolate shake for lunch, however... it tasted like a very synthetic protein shake. I added some coffee and granulated splenda to it which made it easier to drink though. Not actually supposed to have granulated sweetener but I thought once wouldn't hurt. The tablet form is okay though, and I luckily have some in the cupboard so I'll be using those from now on. At least I can bring them to work and still have my black coffee!

I'm having the toffee & raisin bar is for dinner. I had a small bite of it and it's not bad, not great. A little cardboardy and weird tasting, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

I must have walked for almost 2 hours today. I went to Tesco and picked up some toiletries, laundry basket, beach towels, a princess curly straw and hula hoop. I've never been able to hula hoop so I want to learn! People must have thought I had children with the things I bought...

I figure that drinking shakes from a glass with a curly princess straw would make them that much more bearable.

I also went to Argos and picked up a blender (priced at £10.99, hollaaaaa). I figure I'll have the shakes in the morning and evening and then the bar for lunch. That way I can blend with coffee or ice or whatever to make them taste a bit nicer.

According to googlemaps, it's 1 mile from my office to Tesco and 1.5 miles to my house from Tesco, so I've walked for at least 2.5 miles today. Although most of the walking time today was spent INSIDE Tesco going back and forth trying to find things. I walked past a maxi dress I really liked and they only had ONE, which was in a size 10. That's a little too optimistic for me unfortunately.

It was also stupidly difficult trying to carry all the stuff home. Way to think things through, Ani.

It's also apparently 0.8 miles to my office from my house. So that's cool. I have a 1.6 mile walk every day (providing I don't oversleep and have to catch a ride, like this morning).

Other than that, there's nothing exciting to report today. No deathly cravings, but I'm sure those will follow at some point.

Challenge #2: Survive the next two days and the dreaded weekend on this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment