Sunday, July 03, 2011

3 days and counting...

I swear I've eaten so much this weekend - you know, to compensate for the fact I'll be living on shakes for the next little while.

I feel horribly bloated though. Here's a run down of the food I've consumed/devoured/inhaled (any one of these words is applicable) over the last few days:

Friday - an apple, a couple of wine gum-esque sweets, home made stuffed crust pizza & garlic bread, crisps & dip

Saturday - hot dog sandwich, more crisps & dip, curry, rice and half a naan bread from the indian takeaway

Today - fry up and a piece of cake, dinner is fish and veggies with jelly and ice cream for dessert.

Oh, and I've been munching on a couple of these bad boys over the last two days (and by a couple, I mean the individuals, not the whole packs, jeez I'm not that bad!)



Note how my finger is ever so subtly covering up that '107 calories' logo.

So I have approximately 2 full days left before my ultimate torture begins (don't you love how I'm so optimistic already?)

I guess I'll technically have 8 weeks on this diet, since I won't be able to start until Wednesday. I'm debating wether to still weigh myself on Saturday (that's been my weigh in day forever), change the weigh in day to Wednesday, or just take a little peek on Saturday but officially weigh in the next Saturday. So many options...

With work it should be fairly easy to have the meal replacements.  At work I don't really mind not eating because I'm distracted, especially now since our aircon is BROKEN - it's like we're sitting in a frigging sauna all day, which definitely curbs the old appetite.

I think the hardest part is being at home because:

a) my mum is a great cook and always seems to make the nicest meals when I'm trying to survive on things like rabbit food (aka salad)

b) my mum tends to buy junk food/snacky things/chocolate/all things fantastically delicious but bad for you foods on the weekend (see: kitkat and chocolate buttons above)

So weekends will be... difficult to say the least. I get cravings for foods, sure, but if they're right there in my face it tends to make me think about/want them more. For example, I'm not really a chocolate person, but if it's there, I'm all 'oh yum! chocolate!' (again, see: kitkat and chocolate buttons above)

I'm hoping I have enough energy to go to the gym a few times a week, which is also super helpful on weekends to avoid being around the aforementioned magically delicious foods; and with the fiancé being here in 2 weeks (yay! 2 weeks!) I should have less time to think 'OMG I'M FREAKING HUNGRY! WHERE IS MY GALLON OF ICE CREAM?!'

Mmmm, ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment